NOTICE: Zagster and Rio Metro are taking precautions to ensure that we are keeping our riders, employees and partner communities safe in the midst of the COVID-19 public health emergency. At this time, we have made the difficult decision to suspend all bike share rentals.
View the Pace COVID-19 FAQ Page for additional information.
Pace ABQ Bike Share by Rio Metro
Pace ABQ is a new type of bike sharing that's just like riding your own bike. With Pace ABQ, riders can rent one of the 250 bikes from any one of 50 dedicated Pace ABQ bike racks, or from any public bike rack available throughout the city.
This mix of intelligently placed bike share racks, plus the freedom of being able to lock Pace ABQ bikes to public racks, enables true point-to-point travel while ensuring riders can reliably add bike sharing to their daily transit mix.
How Pace Works
Pace ABQ bike share is open to anyone 18 years of age or older. Eligible participants must have a valid credit or debit card to become a member. Once a rider had downloaded the Pace app (Apple / Android), renting a bike is as easy as three simple steps:
- Borrow: Find bikes near you in the Pace app (App Store or Google Play). When you enter the bike number into the app on your mobile device, the lock will pop open. Unplug the security cable and hop on.
- Ride: Enjoy your ride! Select “Hold Bike” in the app if you’d like to keep your bike during a quick stop. Grab a coffee and your bike will wait.
- Return: Park at your destination by locking to a Pace ABQ rack or any public bike rack. Push the back tire lock closed and secure with the cable.
Get the App
To use Pace ABQ, riders download the free “Pace Bike Share” app, available in the App Store or Google Play. Riders find available bikes and parking locations in the app and can unlock bikes at the touch of a button.
- Rides start at $1. Pay-as-you-go; $1 per 15 minutes.
- Annual Subscription: $60 for a standard subscription; $30 for student, senior, military, and EBT subscriptions. Unlimited 30 minute rides.
- Monthly Subscription: $10 for a standard subscription; $5 for student, senior, military, and EBT subscriptions. Unlimited 30 minute rides.
While Rio Metro is thrilled to receive federal funds, it will not cover the cost of the entire system, so the expansion will build on the public private partnership model, which made the pilot program successful. The federal funds can only be used for capital and sponsorship funding will be used to help cover operations and maintenance costs.
A bike share sponsorship is not only like a roving billboard with your brand, but it’s a community amenity providing residents and tourists a healthy, sustainable, affordable, and fun way of moving through Albuquerque.
To learn about sponsorship opportunities, email Stacy Sebeczek, Pace Market Manager, or call 970-305-5664.
View the Pace ABQ Sponsorship Brochure (PDF).
Bike Share 101
Bike share is a transit system that consists of a network of stations where bikes are publicly available for short-term rental. Bike share trips are typically short distances and a brief amount of time.
Bike share also complements existing public transit, providing the first and last mile of connectivity by filling in gaps where no other mode exists. Bike share is a healthy, sustainable, and affordable form of public transportation. Rio Metro uses Zagster's Pace Program for its bike share.